Tuesday, April 7, 2009

As a kid, I saved all my movie ticket stubs. Sometimes I'm still hesitant to throw them away.

It does my heart good to know that there are people out there who love the movie That Thing You Do! I remember going to an advance screening which played after the movie Independence Day. I had just started the eighth grade, and it was thrilling to see two movies in a row. In fact, I don't know why I don't do that more often. I remember seeing Scream 2 and Titanic on the same day, and I liked Scream 2 better. A few years ago I went with friends to see The Aviator, Sideways, and Being Julia on the same day as a mini-Oscar marathon. I know I've done this on other occasions--I must have--but I can't remember the others offhand.

It's strange when I recall some of the movies that I went to the theater to see. I have always loved the experience of going to the movies. It is really hard for me to say no to seeing a movie. This is why I saw Vin Diesel in XXX three times in the theater. It's why I encouraged my dad to take my sister and me to see Gone Fishin', even though I had already seen it and knew that it wasn't very good. It's why I saw Idle Hands, Dead Man on Campus, Cabin Fever, Apt Pupil, Wild Things, Without a Paddle, The Shaggy Dog, Disturbing Behavior, Jawbreaker... Actually, I should re-watch Jawbreaker to see if I appreciate it more now that I've seen Judy Greer as Kitty on Arrested Development (the greatest comedy of our time).




1 comment: