Friday, March 13, 2009

I have a fantastic Sad Face.

Every now and then I am reminded that I do things which could potentially ignite anger. Usually this comes in the form of showing up an hour late or forgetting to return a voicemail for a few days. When people do express anger, I tend to calmly accept it and then quickly win them back using some self-deprication and the freckles on my face. I have a hunch that my young, freckled face makes it nearly impossible for people to stay mad for long. I do not believe this works with relatives or really close friends, but it is a pretty good bet with acquaintances. Also, I can be charming when I want to be.

Today I wondered what I will do when I am no longer a cute, frazzled, twenty-something. I have a sick feeling that in the next decade I might have to come up with a new way for people to forgive me for my lateness and forgetfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment