Thursday, April 16, 2009

Would I be good at fundraising?

Today some co-workers were talking about how they find it difficult to ask anyone for money. One such co-worker has been preparing for a 5K run and none of us had known because she only put one flier up on the bulletin board, and someone had covered the flier with a customizable tank top. Another co-worker quickly took up her cause and started spreading the word:




I don't have a super difficult time asking family and friends for donations. I pretty much just say "I am selling raffle tickets" and see what happens. Then again, a few years ago I tried to have a carnation sale on Sweetest Day to raise money for Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology; it did not go super well. I believe my friend Rachel got her mom to purchase $30 of carnations so that I would be free to get out of there. Rachel and I went out for Applebee's. Psi Chi broke even.

I don't want to dismiss myself as unable to fund raise though! I think I'm just good at random, shortterm fundraising. Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a $5 raffle ticket supporting Cornerstone Services? You can even buy raffle tickets on-line... just let them know that Brigid led you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment