Thursday, June 3, 2010

shopping recovery

I just took an on-line survey, and it reminded me how much of a shopper I used to be:

In which, if any, of the following venues have you ever purchased goods such as apparel/accessories, jewelry, beauty product, home décor, electronics and other home goods?


Stores at a mall
Outlet malls
Online stores
Mail order catalogue
Boutique/specialty store not found in mall
Television Network (TV shopping by phone or on Network’s website)
Flea Market/Garage Sale
In-home direct sales (a representative comes directly to you or a party of your friends and family to sell products)


That's right. Every single answer applies to me because I had no boundaries when it came to shopping. Luckily, I have come a long way. My shopping is now about necessity rather than pleasure--at least for the most part. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and spent just under $70. When I got home, I broke the receipt up into three major categories. I found that the breakdown ended up being $29 on cat supplies, $22 on health and beauty, and $15 on food. I'm not sure that I want to analyze this too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment